Monday, June 22, 2009

Lions - 5 quotes + one

I'm currently painting lions and researched lion quotes. I found the one I wanted to use for the painting I posted and helped develop the name of the post. But I found six others I also liked! I would like to post things here by five's, but if that number doesn't work, it will have to be another! What is a blogger goin'a do? Leave out a goodie just for the number? I think not!

So, here are today's 6 lion quotes:

I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and apologetic mouse, but to roar like a lion out of pride in my profession. John Steinbeck

If a lion could talk, we could not understand him. Ludwig Wittgenstein

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life. Elizabeth Kenny

An optimist is someone who gets treed by a lion but enjoys the scenery. Walter Winchell

Dressed in the lion's skin, the ass spread terror far and wide. Jean de La Fontaine

Every dog is a lion at home. H. G. Bohn

If you have a lion quote you like, please leave it as a comment. This is a dialogue, I don't want to do all the talking!
just joe

No comments: